This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by corey 10 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

John.Ellis
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Is it possible to change environments easily using the IDE? At this point, I’m stuck removing and re-adding accounts to switch from the sandbox to production.

Thanks,

J
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #4787 Score: 0

jerry_d
    • Level 1

RE: Environment Switching

right click on your project

select Netsuite _> change project settings

a dialog comes up — you can pick prod or sandbox or whatever you have set up and this changes where your code will be deployed to/pulled from.

hth

Jerry

• #4788 Score: 0

corey
    • Level 1

If you have different accounts you are dealing with then go to NetSuite->Manage accounts, add the ones you are dealing with.

Then, you can create multiple projects with different environments using the method Jerry describes. I currently have 3 running.

• #4789 Score: 0

John.Ellis
    • Level 1

RE: Environment Switching

Okay – so what you’re saying is I have to have a project for each environment and then copy/refactor the code for each instance. I do a pretty good job of keeping our sandbox up to date and replicate production often, and would like to just use one project and switch environments so that I’m not having to maintain multiple copies of the script – is that possible?

• #4790 Score: 0

corey
    • Level 1

You could change your environment for your project. Just do like Jerry suggests.

I always just delete all the files in my sandbox project after a refresh, right click on the sandbox project and go to NetSuite->Download File(s) to Project. I like having separate projects so I can visually see differences in code.

I don’t tend to bundle to move the files over to the live account, however as bundles put my scripts in their own folders in the document library and that messes up my folder feng shui. So I end up manually copying the files I create/modify in the sandbox project to the live project and that is kind of a drag, so I feel your pain, on that.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.