This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by PatrickAlc 8 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

carl.billings
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

I have a use case where my firm wishes to send the invoice and some related addendum information (which is a PDF). via email to the customer.

Best case: is there a way to merge the invoice (as a PDF) and the attached file as one bigger PDF document via email?

Acceptable: Can we send both file via email as 2 distinct PDFS?

Is this realistically possible? My guess is yes
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #2148 Score: 0

moonparas
    • Level 1

Hello Carl. This is possible. First, your User Preference for Transaction Email Attachment Format (Home > Set Preferences > Transactions tab) should be set to PDF. To send the Invoice with another PDF file, click Email button on the INvoice record, then click Attachments tab on the Email Message window, mark Include Transaction checkbox (this would send the Invoice record), Under Attach File > click the Plus icon to be able to choose the PDF file from your Desktop (or the dropdown List if the PDF is already saved on your File Cabinet) then click the Add button. The recipient should get both the Invoice (in PDF) and the other PDF file when you click Merge and Send. I hope this helps.

• #2149 Score: 0

carl.billings
    • Level 1

Perhaps I should add more detail.

Imagine a thousand invoice records in my system each with an addendum PDF file attached to them under the Files tab. My goal is to send each invoice in mass together with its PDF addendum . If each invoice had 1 PDF attachment my 1000 emails would include 1000 (or 2000 if they cant be merged) PDF’s. Makes sense? We are attempting to design a process that can send our regular PDF invoice with an attached PDF that is created from an outside system. Currently the users print both copies and mail via snail mail. Ouch

errol replied on 01/18/2017, 08:40 AM: I’ve developed a NetSuite bundle that does exactly this. If you are still looking for this functionality (I know this post was over a year ago) send me a PM and I can give you more information.

• #2150 Score: 0

moonparas
    • Level 1

Hi Carl,

The steps I sent is for sending PDF attachment with Invoice is for single merge.

As for sending attachments through Bulk Merge for Invoice records, it is not yet possible, this is still an enhancement.

If the Addendum for your Invoices is standard (for all customers), perhaps you could just upload the PDF on your File Cabinet, then create an email template to include the link of the PDF file (make sure that Available Without Login is marked) to send with the Invoice using Mass Update to send Invoices. For details in performing Mass Update to send Invoices, refer to SuiteAnswers Emailing Transactions (ID: 8899). I hope this helps.

• #2151 Score: 0

PatrickAlc
    • Level 1

Create a scheduled script that uses nlapiPrintRecord to render your transaction to a PDF/HTML then send it using the nlapiSendEmail.

nlapiPrintRecord returns PDF or HTML object that you can attach to your email which can be set on nlapiSendEmail.

check this SuiteAnswers article https://netsuite.custhelp.com/app/an…ehead_N3035342

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.