This topic contains 10 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Norberto Soriano 6 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

PL.John.Rosa
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

I’ve been fighting with this for two days now, and after combing the bowels of internet, all solutions have been tried, down to the part of reinstalling all of Java.

I am running Eclipse Neon and have updated everything. and checked the SuiteCloud IDE for updates, however, when I type “nlapiGet” and try to use ctrl + Space to bring up completion, I get a blank window and red text in the status bar that says “No Completion available”

This is all on a Macbook Air.

Attached Files
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #4577 Score: 0

david.smith
    • Level 1

You’re not giving us much by saying all solutions have been tried.

Make sure that the “NetSuite SuiteScript Library” is part of your JavaScript Resources of your project in Eclipse.

• #4578 Score: 0

PL.John.Rosa
    • Level 1

I apologize for being vague.

I have gone through eclipse settings. Javascript > Editor > Content Editior > Advanced

Tried selecting them all, tried restoring defaults…

As I mentioned a reinstall of everything.

Closing Projects, and reopening them

Creating a new workspace

Computer restart

All of these have been tried as a solution.

david.smith replied on 09/23/2016, 10:13 AM: Did you check for the library as mentioned? This is where the code completion will come from.

• #4579 Score: 0

chanarbon
    • Level 1

Hi @PL.John.Rosa,

I encountered this before on Mars. Have you tried clearing the store metadata on the your workspace’s plugin metadata directory? That worked on my end. Sometimes newer versions of Eclipse does not work nicely with plugins but I also tried testing Neon on my end and it responded as expected.

PL.John.Rosa replied on 09/26/2016, 07:19 AM: I have tried that, still same behavior. Just tried deleting the meta data again for good measure.

• #4580 Score: 0

Brett@neo3.com
    • Level 1

Hey PL.John.Rosa, Did you ever get anywhere with this? Having same problem.

PL.John.Rosa replied on 10/12/2016, 08:41 AM: I did, after opening a ticket with NetSuite Support, the solution was to download an older version, Currently using Mar.2 and auto completely functionality is working. There is a Defect opened within NetSuite Support for this missing functionality with the Neon version

• #4581 Score: 0

david.smith
    • Level 1

I’ve installed a fresh version of Neon and the code complete seems to be working with SS2.0 (at least to some degree). It doesn’t add any required object parameters but seems to have the methods.

• #4582 Score: 0

Seany
    • Level 1

Did anyone find a solution to this using Eclipse Neon? Two developers in my company have been upgraded to Eclipse Neon for around 6 months now and experiencing the same issue of no content assist. Library is in our resources, reinstalled Eclipse, recreated our workspaces, tried every setting under the sun in the preferences set up. Google searches don’t seem to bring back anything useful other than there are a fair few people experiencing the same issue. We are still coding in SS1.0.

• #4583 Score: 0

kcng
    • Level 1

Originally posted by Seany

View Post

Did anyone find a solution to this using Eclipse Neon? Two developers in my company have been upgraded to Eclipse Neon for around 6 months now and experiencing the same issue of no content assist. Library is in our resources, reinstalled Eclipse, recreated our workspaces, tried every setting under the sun in the preferences set up. Google searches don’t seem to bring back anything useful other than there are a fair few people experiencing the same issue. We are still coding in SS1.0.

Seany. I suggest you go back to Eclipse Kepler (officially supported) or a previous version like Mars. Eclipse Neon JavaScript support is buggy, might be because they just started supporting EcmaScript 6. Here’s one bug https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=504057.

Seany replied on 04/30/2017, 08:07 PM: Sorry, for the late reply. Thanks for this kcng

• #4584 Score: 0

seamanjeff
    • Level 1

I’m getting excellent results using WebStorm with a community-supported NetSuite plugin. Anything the NetSuite plugin for Eclipse had over it never worked right for me anyway. NetSuite should get on this. Eclipse is kind of a dinosaur.

• #4585 Score: 0

bmesa
    • Level 1

Hello,

I got code completion to work for SS1.0, but I can’t get it to work on SS2.0. I have the library in the JavaScript Resources. Did anyone get this working? Thanks!

• #16399 Score: 0

Norberto Soriano
      • Contributions: 1
      • Level 1
      @norberto_soriano

@bmesa, ¿on which Eclipse version (Kepler/Luna/Mars/Neon/Oxygen) did code completion (SS1.0) work for you?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.