This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by gerson.rodriguez 7 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

gerson.rodriguez
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Hi everybody,

If you are a user of configuration bundles we want to hear from you:

– How frequently you use Configuration Bundle feature?

– What functionality would you like to see added to the feature ?

Gerson Rodriguez

Sr. PM Platform
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #4123 Score: 0

Olivier Gagnon NC
    • Level 1

When Ncompass was acquired by Tribridge, we migrated our old instance into our shiny new Tribridge instance. The latter didn’t have anything and we basically wanted to do a 100% copy, so I used a configuration bundle to move over our account settings lock stock and barrel into the new instance. No obstacles, nothing that couldn’t be overwritten, it was as easy as it came.

Imagine my disapointment when I found out config bundles didn’t actually work and threw unexpected errors all over the place. What’s worse is that I was told they PARTIALLY loaded settings, stopping wherever they hit the error. So there was no way to really tell what had loaded and what had not.

So my first wish would be for stability improvements. My second wish would be that they give an inventory listing of what loaded and that didn’t. My third wish is for a dry martini. Two olives.

• #4124 Score: 0

gerson.rodriguez
    • Level 1

Oliver,

Do you remember which configuration elements were you trying to Bundle ?

• #4125 Score: 0

Olivier Gagnon NC
    • Level 1

All of them. Was doing an instance copy. Beyond that, no. I can try to dig up the case we logged, though.

Edit: Here we go: Case 2408646, Defect 389745

• #4126 Score: 0

gerson.rodriguez
    • Level 1

Thanks Oliver! I will get back to you on this!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.