This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by NetV SuiteY 4 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

darrenhillconsulting
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Has anyone successfully disabled a field in a client script with SS2.0? I’ve hit a dead end and am desperate.
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #1021 Score: 0

michoel
    • Level 1

You need to set the isDisabled property on the field.

Code:
    require([‘N/currentRecord’], function(currentRecord) {
    var record = currentRecord.get();
    var field = record.getField({ fieldId: ‘entity’ });
    field.isDisabled = true;
    });

• #1022 Score: 0

JacksonP
    • Level 1

What Michoel said, you can save one extra line with this.

Code:
    eventRecord.getField({
    fieldId: ‘custevent12’
    }).isDisabled = true;

• #1023 Score: 0

darrenhillconsulting
    • Level 1

Ok, so here’s a bit of a beef (rant) …

The script context gives me the currentRecord, so do I really need to import the currentRecord module?

Example:

Code:
    context.currentRecord.getField({fieldId: ‘entity’}).isDisabled = true;
    Works exactly the same as

Code:
    var field = record.getField({ fieldId: ‘entity’ });
    field.isDisabled = true;
    (Rant over)

So, it appears my REAL issue is that the getSublistField function fails!! (arg)

Example:

Code:
    var currIndex = context.currentRecord.getCurrentSublistIndex({ sublistId: ‘assignee’ }); // This works fine
    var itemField = context.currentRecord.getSublistField({sublistId: ‘assignee’, fieldId: ‘serviceitem’, line: currIndex}); // ERROR!!!!
    itemField.isDisabled = true;

Code:
    var currIndex = record.getCurrentSublistIndex({ sublistId: ‘assignee’ }); // This works fine
    var itemField = record.getSublistField({sublistId: ‘assignee’, fieldId: ‘serviceitem’, line: currIndex}); // ERROR!!!!

• #1024 Score: 0

michoel
    • Level 1

Originally posted by darrenhillconsulting

View Post

The script context gives me the currentRecord, so do I really need to import the currentRecord module?

You don’t, as long as you are in an “entry point client script”, currentRecord is automatically imported and available in the context.

https://system.netsuite.com/app/help…625600928.html

(I just included it in the example to make it more self contained – you can copy and paste that in the Browser Console to test it for example).

• #1025 Score: 0

markjasonflores
    • Level 1

Yeah, as michoel noted, in an entry point client script, you do not have use the get method to retrieve the current record. In these scripts, a currentRecord object is automatically created when the script is loaded. It is part of the context object that passed to each of the client script type’s entry points. All you need is to get a variable to represent the current record

var currentRec = context.currentRecord();

var itemField = currentRec.getSublistField({sublistId: ‘assignee’, fieldId: ‘serviceitem’, line: 1});

This should work, though if it still errors out, there might be an issue either with the sublist assignee or getting a select field using getSublistField, I suggest filing a support case in these cases.

• #1026 Score: 0

darrenhillconsulting
    • Level 1

So frustrating. Anyway I could ‘wrap’ the nlapiDisableLineItemField(‘assignee’, ‘serviceitem’, true); and call it from SS2.0? I’d hate to undo the SS2.0 migration for a single line of code.

• #1027 Score: 0

darrenhillconsulting
    • Level 1

See my latest post … Client Script hack that could save your life!

• #26128 Score: 0

NetV SuiteY
    • Contributions: 1
    • Level 1
    @netv_suitey

User below one:

a mixture of SS1.0 & SS2.0

var objRec_Curr = scriptContext.currentRecord;

var TransferType = objRec_Curr.getCurrentSublistValue({sublistId:’xxxxxxxxxx’, fieldId : ‘xxxxxxxxxxxx’});

if(TransferType == ‘ABC’)

eval(“nlapiDisableLineItemField(‘custpage_sublist_out’, ‘custpage_out_transfer_location’, true)”);

else

eval(“nlapiDisableLineItemField(‘custpage_sublist_out’, ‘custpage_out_transfer_location’, false)”);

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by NetV SuiteY.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.