This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Marky Sparky 14 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Marky Sparky
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

All,

I am going wacko trying to get this report to work. It gives you numbers but when you do the breakdowns they are inaccurate. They seem to treat the freight billed on the invoice as an income item. They also do not account for what the customer paid on the invoice. They assume the customer paid the whole cost without deductions. Help…

Sparky
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #8169 Score: 0

bboese
    • Level 1

RE: Customer Profitability Report

Hi Sparky,

There are some setup issues to consider when tightening up the information on the Customer Profitability report.

For example, under Transactions>Accounting>Accounting Preferences> Items / Transactions tab, there are some Accounts that can be reviewed to change the way NS posts certain transactions.

It also works well to compare the total costs and revenue on this report to the Income Statement / P&L to see if they match or can be reconciled.

Feel free to contact me directly for more specific help on this.

• #8170 Score: 0

Marky Sparky
    • Level 1

Thanks for reply,

I did as you recommended. The P&L does not reconcile with the profitability report. It has to do with how NS handles frieght. They seem to be subtracting it from the cost of goods. arghhh.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.