This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by steven_stewart 6 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

steven_stewart
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

All,

I have a Customer record that I am trying to import under. The import system keeps advising me that I need to import first/last name. I have a script setup to lock the form to "Company" as this is a company record. Should I be doing this differently? I also have "individual?" set to NO on the import and tried many import config's. Please advise. Open to any suggestion.
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #24368 Score: 0

carl.billings
    • Level 1

Hey Steven,

I would check a couple of things.

Company Preferences perhaps set to default Customers as Individuals.

Also your Import file may need to call out the Customer:Individual (Req) as FALSE in the mapping. Hard code it in the mapping if you have to.

• #24369 Score: 0

carl.billings
    • Level 1

At the minimum make sure your mapping has this…

• #24370 Score: 0

carl.billings
    • Level 1

General Preferences…

• #24371 Score: 0

steven_stewart
    • Level 1

Hey Carl,

Thank you for the information!! My concern though is that modifying this setting will try to default the rest of my customer forms to Company as well. We are a contact center so I have many "Contracts" working within the same NetSuite. This would be the only contract using company records exclusively. I am thinking that I am running into a limitation of NetSuite (ha ha). I do have a small script on the customer form that defaults the type to "Company":

function pageInit(){

nlapiSetFieldValue('isperson','F');

But it seems that I cannot get the import system to look at this one form as a company record. I do have the mappings you notated on my csv import, but to no avail, it keeps asking for First/Last name to be input. Thanks again!

Best Regards,

• #24372 Score: 0

pcutler
    • Level 1

Have you considered a before load user event script instead of a client script?

• #24373 Score: 0

steven_stewart
    • Level 1

Hey,

I didn't, I'm fairly new to the scripting side of things. I ultimately got the data in there (due to time constraint) but just mapping the first half of the company name to the first name column and the last half to the last name column. Data is in now, not how I would have liked to do it, but unfortunately due to time constraints the best way I know how haha. Thanks for the suggestion, I will read up on the scripts types and possibly polish this up for the next import. Have a great day!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.