This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by GJones_Wine 6 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Jeff Stafford
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Is it possible to have a custom item field with a formula that returns the unit price of a specific price level?

I've been able to accomplish the same result using a saved search using the following formula:

CASE {pricing.pricelevel} WHEN 'Special Clearance Price' THEN ABS({pricing.unitprice}) ELSE 0 END

The saved search method will not work for my task because I need two price levels (MSRP and Special Clearance Price) on a each result row. To accomplish this I group the items by their internal IDs. This means that all other fields in the results must also be calculations. Additional text fields are needed in the results and the formula text function has a limit of 1000 characters. Some of my text fields contain more than 1000 characters
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #23768 Score: 0

pcutler
    • Level 1

You can create a field with it's default value coming from a saved search instead of a formula. But I think you're going to run into challenges because fields that do not store values cannot be included in saved search results.

Jeff Stafford replied on 01/10/2018, 09:34 AM: Thanks a bunch pcutler, I appreciate your help. That’s where I was headed and you saved me some time.

• #23769 Score: 0

GJones_Wine
    • Level 1

If you're looking to add different price levels for a single item to saved search results, this can be accomplished in a couple ways (that I know of…):

1. In an item saved search, add the results field "Other Prices." This way will show all other price levels for an item.

2. If you only want to see specific price levels per item, and not all of them, you can add a Formula (Currency) field to the results of an Item Saved Search. Make the formula {pricelevelX}, where X is the internal ID of the price level you want to see. Lastly, give the formula field a custom label. Repeat this for the price levels you'd want to see.

• #23770 Score: 0

Jeff Stafford
    • Level 1

Thank you GJones_Wine. Your second solution worked for me. I apologize for the late response.

• #23771 Score: 0

GJones_Wine
    • Level 1

Originally posted by Jeff Stafford

View Post

Thank you GJones_Wine. Your second solution worked for me. I apologize for the late response.

Happy to hear it worked, Jeff!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.