This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Irma Scavello 14 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Rafe
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

I am using CSV import to create contacts for the sales reps and would like for the contact “owner” to be a sales rep specified – not me. I have not found a way to map this field. Short setting each of them up with the permissions to run the import themselves – is there a way for me to do accomplish this?
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #9643 Score: 0

Irma Scavello
    • Level 1

RE: Creating Contacts with a designated Owner

Hi Rafe,

You should be able to see a field mapping for ‘Sales Rep’. Possible reasons you are not seeing them could be:

1. You have ‘Sales Team’ active. If so then you would see ‘Choose Team’ were you can select a team or you can go to the bottom and select the option to add a sales team and add your one member.

2. The preferred customer form does not have this field exposed. The csv import field mapping is dependent on the preferred form in your account.

Hoping the above proves useful. If you are still unable to resolve this I would suggest you contact support for assistance.

• #9644 Score: 0

Rafe
    • Level 1

Irma,

I am doing a contacts only import and do not see the sale rep field as available neither on the import or as an option on the contact record. I can see possibly running this as a lead+contact import but do believe that the effect will be the same – it is the “owner” field that I am trying to update and I understand that this field is the criteria for which intellisync and outlook intergation both filter by.

• #9645 Score: 0

Irma Scavello
    • Level 1

Hi Rafi,

So sorry for misreading your post.

You are correct, there is no such field in the mapping for a contact record but from what I recall this is also not on the contact record in the UI.

I have not worked with the Intellisync Synchronization in a while but I believe the connection is made based on the owner/salesrep connected to the customer/lead/prospect record that is connected to the contact. I also reviewed the help document ‘Intellisync Contact Mappings’ and it does not show in there either. This document does show a field for ‘company name’ and I believe this is what is used.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.