This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by zackb22 7 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

steven.lacrosse
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Greetings,

I’m putting a workflow together to add a new job resource to multiple projects that another resource is added to; for instance, Employee 1 is part of 32 projects and someone has created Employee 2 and they do not want to manually add the second employee to all of the projects that Employee 1 is added to. I have a list on the employee record that is sourced to all records with “Project Resource” checked, and the workflow pops up a message to the creator of the new record to select a Project Resource (custom entity list). Upon submitting the record I’d like to have the workflow go through each project that Employee 1 is on and add the second one.

Has anyone been able to accomplish this?

Thank you in advance,

Steven
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #10307 Score: 0

Olivier Gagnon NC
    • Level 1

Hmm. I don’t think this would be possible with a Workflow, since workflows can’t ever touch sublists. I think you’re going to need a script.

steven.lacrosse replied on 01/09/2017, 08:07 AM: Thank you for the assistance Olivier. I’ve been working on a script and trying to figure out which API to use; the CopyRecord gives me a copy of a project and not a copy of a project resource, but still plugging away on this.

Thanks,

Steven

• #10308 Score: 0

zackb22
    • Level 1

You would have to create a project saved search to find the project that resource A is on and then load the record and add Resource B onto it, then loop through the saved search.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.