This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by netsuk 11 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

pacton
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Within SuiteCloud IDE – “Enable auto activation” ticked in preferences->Content Assist — code assist is not automatically invoked? Shift + Space does work. With my other Eclipse install with Aptana plugin auto-activation works on the content assist? Am I missing something here?
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #4856 Score: 0

August Li
    • Level 1

The new SuiteCloud IDE is not based on Aptana, so expect the behavior to be different, it is based on the JavaScript Development Tools plugin which is the JavaScript plugin shipped with Eclipse.

In Aptana, auto completion is triggered when you type in any character (default).

In JSDT, the default is to press “ctrl-space” and auto activation is only triggered when you type in a period (“.” which is used for triggering auto completion of object properties/methods). You can modify the trigger character under Preferences->JavaScript->Editor->Content Assist, “Auto activation triggers for JavaScript” (which defaults to “.”), unfortunately, JSDT limits the trigger characters under the preferences to four.

For example, you can set the following:

Auto activation delay: 0

Auto action triggers for Javascript: .nfo

(choose the 4 trigger characters that activates auto completion; e.g. adding “n” will trigger all nlapi* functions)

If four characters are not enough for you, a workaround to add more than four characters in JSDT is to directly edit the JSDT configuration file. Look for the JSDT configuration file under “/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime/.settings/org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.ui.prefs” and add or replace the following lines:

Code:
    content_assist_autoactivation_delay=0
    content_assist_autoactivation_triggers_java=.abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
    You would need to do the above for each of your workspace. Again, JSDT is not Aptana, so it is not the same behavior but that’s the closest you can get to auto activation in JSDT. I don’t recommend you add all the alphabets as trigger characters unless your computer is fast.

I should also add that code completion for internal ids will only work in the JSDT editor and not in the Aptana editor.

• #4857 Score: 0

corey
    • Level 1

RE: Content Assist -> Auto-Activation not working

Nice hack. The four characters thing was bugging me a little.

• #4858 Score: 0

corey
    • Level 1

By the by, I have gotten the Aptana Studio 3 and it’s code completion to work with the SuiteCloud IDE. I can’t recall the steps I took to get it to work, but if you tweak enough with it you can get code completion to work with the ‘as you type’ action of the stand alone Aptana Studio.

• #4859 Score: 0

netsuk
    • Level 1

RE: Content Assist -> Auto-Activation not working

Originally posted by August Li

View Post

The new SuiteCloud IDE is not based on Aptana, so expect the behavior to be different, it is based on the JavaScript Development Tools plugin which is the JavaScript plugin shipped with Eclipse.

In Aptana, auto completion is triggered when you type in any character (default).

In JSDT, the default is to press “ctrl-space” and auto activation is only triggered when you type in a period (“.” which is used for triggering auto completion of object properties/methods). You can modify the trigger character under Preferences->JavaScript->Editor->Content Assist, “Auto activation triggers for JavaScript” (which defaults to “.”), unfortunately, JSDT limits the trigger characters under the preferences to four.

For example, you can set the following:

Auto activation delay: 0

Auto action triggers for Javascript: .nfo

(choose the 4 trigger characters that activates auto completion; e.g. adding “n” will trigger all nlapi* functions)

If four characters are not enough for you, a workaround to add more than four characters in JSDT is to directly edit the JSDT configuration file. Look for the JSDT configuration file under “/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime/.settings/org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.ui.prefs” and add or replace the following lines:

Code:
    content_assist_autoactivation_delay=0
    content_assist_autoactivation_triggers_java=.abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
    You would need to do the above for each of your workspace. Again, JSDT is not Aptana, so it is not the same behavior but that’s the closest you can get to auto activation in JSDT. I don’t recommend you add all the alphabets as trigger characters unless your computer is fast.

I should also add that code completion for internal ids will only work in the JSDT editor and not in the Aptana editor.

Thanks for sharing this, worked like a charm

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.