This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by CFong 7 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

CFong
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

I have a relatively simple script which is triggered by a user action on an item fulfillment.

For testing purposes, and occasionally during day to day operations, the fulfillment record needs to be deleted. Before I added my SS I would get a screen saying that the record was deleted and a button to take me back to the sales order. Now I get a notice from SuiteScript saying that the record doesn’t exist, and the “go back” button takes me to the item fulfillment page.

Now if I go back to the originating Sales Order, the fulfillment is gone from the related records.

Is there a “best practice” to check for the existence of a record to use for conditional running of the script?

My current script below:

Code:
    function copy_shipping_carrier_to_so_record() {

/*
    * TODO – Make a conditional test to stop the script from running if there is no record and/or the itemfulfillment record is being deleted.
    */

// After submit of Item Fulfillment Record
    // Load Item fulfillment record to access the fields
    var record = nlapiLoadRecord(‘itemfulfillment’, nlapiGetRecordId());

if (Boolean(record) == false){
    return
    } else {
    var carrier = record.getFieldValue(‘custbody_ozlink_shipping_carrier’); // Get carrier value

var related_so = record.getFieldValue(‘createdfrom’); // Get related record Sales order internal ID

var so_record = nlapiLoadRecord(‘salesorder’, related_so); // Load Sales Order record – based on the related record via NS internal ID

so_record.setFieldValue(‘custbody_ozlink_shipping_carrier’, carrier); // Set Sales Order record value

nlapiSubmitRecord(so_record, null, true); // Submit/save the record

var customer = so_record.getFieldValue(‘entity’); // get the internal ID of the customer record

var tracking_email = nlapiCreateEmailMerger(4); // Start the email merger and set the template
    tracking_email.setTransaction(related_so); // retrieve the sales order to merge with the template

var send_ready = tracking_email.merge(); // generate the merger
    var tracking_body = send_ready.getBody(); // merge the body
    var tracking_sub = send_ready.getSubject(); // merge the subject

var tracking_email_send = nlapiSendEmail(19585, customer, tracking_sub, tracking_body, null, ‘caleb@calpetrx.com’, null, null, null, false, 19585); // Send the email!
    }
    }
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #6369 Score: 0

Olivier Gagnon NC
    • Level 1

Do you mean if(type!=’delete’)? If so, check the Help and see about the ‘type’ entry parameter.

• #6370 Score: 0

CFong
    • Level 1

Originally posted by Olivier Gagnon NC

View Post

Do you mean if(type!=’delete’)? If so, check the Help and see about the ‘type’ entry parameter.

Thanks Olivier Gagnon NC! While I was troubleshooting another issue with NS support they also clued me in to the “type” parameter. It worked a charm!

For those that may come to this later here’s how the current version looks – I took out some of the comments that are only interesting to myself:

Code:
    function copy_shipping_carrier_to_so_record(type) {

// After submit of Item Fulfillment Record

if (type == ‘create’ || type == ‘edit’){ // verifies record exists or has been edited
    var record = nlapiLoadRecord(‘itemfulfillment’, nlapiGetRecordId()); // Load Item fulfillment record to enable access the field values

var carrier = record.getFieldValue(‘custbody_ozlink_shipping_carrier’); // Get carrier value

var related_so = record.getFieldValue(‘createdfrom’); // Get related record Sales order internal ID value

var so_record = nlapiLoadRecord(‘salesorder’, related_so); // Load a Sales Order record – based on the related record via NS internal ID

so_record.setFieldValue(‘custbody_ozlink_shipping_carrier’, carrier); // Set Sales Order record value

nlapiSubmitRecord(so_record, null, true); // Submit/save the record (which is still “loaded” until we load a new record)

var customer = so_record.getFieldValue(‘entity’); // get the internal ID of the customer record

var tracking_email = nlapiCreateEmailMerger(4); // Start the email merger and set the template
    tracking_email.setTransaction(related_so); // retrieve the sales order to merge with the template

var send_ready = tracking_email.merge(); // generate the merger
    var tracking_body = send_ready.getBody(); // merge the body
    var tracking_sub = send_ready.getSubject(); // merge the subject

var tracking_email_send = nlapiSendEmail(19585, customer, tracking_sub, tracking_body, null, ‘caleb@calpetrx.com’, null, null, true, false, 19585); // Send the email! and alert someone if the email bounces back
    }
    }

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.