This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by lamesa 7 years ago.

• Author

lamesa
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

I am trying to create an invoice saved search that will conditionally pull in either fxamount or amount based on if Multi Currency is enabled. If have tried the below formulas, but can't seem to get it working. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Formula 1: nvl({fxamount},{amount})

Formula 2: case when {fxamount} like '%ERROR%' then {amount} else {fxamount} end
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #22890 Score: 0

david.smith
    • Level 1

Have you tried just using the fxamount by itself? I think it will return the currency being used.

• #22891 Score: 0

lamesa
    • Level 1

Yes, in a non-multicurrency environment it does not work and the formula column will show an error.

• #22892 Score: 0

david.smith
    • Level 1

Is this for a plug-in or bundle that will be installed to various accounts? If so, why not create both searches and use an installation script to write the correct search to the account.

• #22893 Score: 0

lamesa
    • Level 1

This is for a bundle that will be installed in multiple accounts. The saved search is used as a sublist on a custom record. Is is possible through an installation script to dynamically change the sublist search on a custom record?

• #22894 Score: 0

david.smith
    • Level 1

Good question. I know you can create it dynamically. I'm not sure about assigning it.

• #22895 Score: 0

lamesa
    • Level 1

I ended up creating a bundle installation script and just dynamically modifying the search columns after install and update and that seems to be working great. Thanks for your help, David!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.