This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Suite_E 16 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Suite_E
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Our custom cash flow report was working fine and then the last time we tried to run the report it was broken. We now get the “No Data Available There is no data available for the date/period range selected.” error message regardless of what period we select. I contacted support (case# 653260) and their solution was to delete all the custom cash flow layouts, and cash flow sections. This means I have to re-enter the cash flow sections across my entire chart of accounts after I recreate all 2-dozen cash flow sections, and recreate my cash flow layout. This is an incredible amount of work for a problem that most certainly occurred as a result of an “update” to NetSuite.

Has anyone else ran into this problem? Can anyone recommend a surgical approach to solving this problem as opposed to the shotgun blast recommended above?

Much appreciated,

– Miguel
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #7650 Score: 0

Andrew
    • Level 1

Try saving the report with a different name using “Save As”

• #7651 Score: 0

Suite_E
    • Level 1

RE: Cash Flow Report is Broken

This is the standard cash flow report, so I couldn’t Save As. I tried opening and resaving the Cash Flow layout as there isn’t a Save As for the layout, but this didn’t help.

– Miguel

• #7652 Score: 0

bboese
    • Level 1

I think what Andrew meant was to:

a) go to the standard Cash Flow report

b) click Customize

c) change the name of the report – a new name, not one that you used before

d) click Save

Now if you remember how you customized the Cash Flow report, you can customize this one to suit your needs, without taking a shotgun to the sections / layouts.

• #7653 Score: 0

dianelaslie
    • Level 1

I filed an issue and finally called for support yesterday. It is a known defect. I had to use the customize and under the Sorting Tab, look at layout. Use the layout that ends with United States. That will allow you to have a report with data. Make sure the dates you want are in first as you can not refresh in this customization. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

• #7654 Score: 0

Suite_E
    • Level 1

Originally posted by bboese

I think what Andrew meant was to:

a) go to the standard Cash Flow report

b) click Customize

c) change the name of the report – a new name, not one that you used before

d) click Save

Now if you remember how you customized the Cash Flow report, you can customize this one to suit your needs, without taking a shotgun to the sections / layouts.

I haven’t customized the report, just the sections/layouts, so this doesn’t apply.

Originally posted by dianelaslie

I filed an issue and finally called for support yesterday. It is a known defect. I had to use the customize and under the Sorting Tab, look at layout. Use the layout that ends with United States. That will allow you to have a report with data. Make sure the dates you want are in first as you can not refresh in this customization. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

This did the trick. THANK YOU!!

The weird thing about this – that really shows NetSuite is broken – is that if I go to Reports > Financial > Cash Flow Statement > Customize, it pulls up the report with the error message and not the customization screen. Once I get into the customization screen, selecting either my custom layout or the standard layout works just fine, but the “Use default/preferred layout” will give me the error message again.

Diane, what is your defect number? I want to make sure I get associated with it, too.

– Miguel

• #7655 Score: 0

dianelaslie
    • Level 1

The number is 136251.

• #7656 Score: 0

Suite_E
    • Level 1

Thanks! I’m now attached to this defect, and it is scheduled to be released “3WK of Dec 2007.”

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.