This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Nadeem Khoury 4 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

jimk
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

We have a saved search that has two columns that are formula fields that are essentially revenue and cost. I’d like to have another formula field for profit – e.g. revenue-cost. Is this possible?
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #5072 Score: 0

torin@aminian.com
    • Level 1

You should be able to. The setup of this new formula depends on the revenue and cost formulas you mentioned. Could you post those formulas?

• #5073 Score: 0

jimk
    • Level 1

Yes. Both are Formula (Numeric) and summary type Sum. It is a transaction search.

Revenue:

Code:
    case when {account.name} = ‘Sales : Sales – Merchandise’ OR {account.name} =’Sales Returns & Discounts : Returns/Damage Claims’ then {netamount} else 0 end
    Cost:

Code:
    case when {account.name} = ‘Cost of Goods Sold : COGS – Merchandise’ then {grossamount} else 0 end
    I found that if I treated the case statements as revenue and profit – e.g.

Code:
    (case when {account.name} = ‘Sales : Sales – Merchandise’ OR {account.name} =’Sales Returns & Discounts : Returns/Damage Claims’ then {netamount} else 0 end)- (case when {account.name} = ‘Cost of Goods Sold : COGS – Merchandise’ then {grossamount} else 0 end)
    It seems to work. However, I was hoping for a cleaner way as we might want to do more calculations with these numbers and expand on this saved search. Thanks in advance for any help.

• #5074 Score: 0

torin@aminian.com
    • Level 1

That’s exactly what I would have done. I don’t see this formula being set up in a different way unless someone else has some input.

You could look into enabling the gross profit feature. But this is not retroactive (it would only affect transactions moving forward).

• #5075 Score: 0

rsm_ryan_meyer
    • Level 1

The new reporting engine will supposedly be able to do this, but as of right now, you’re stuck recreating the revenue and cost formulas in the net income formula. You can’t currently have the Net Income formula be {revenueformula}-{costformula}.

• #5076 Score: 0

Claz
    • Level 1

I don’t believe it is possible. It looks like you want something similar to that avialabe in SuiteFlow. You can create stage-level or workflow-level fields. Elsewhere – but within the workflow – you can populate and refer to those fields. You could create [or have your admin do it for you] a transaction field and save values into it. Then its ready for you to use in your saved search – exactly as you wish to use it?

• #26122 Score: 0

Nadeem Khoury
    • Contributions: 1
    • Level 1
    @nadeem_khoury

Hi,
    Did you find a solution for that problem. I’m running into same issue

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.