This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by leacelosacolumna 5 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

wattpadjulia
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Hi, I’ve recently just discovered SuiteScript and can see that there are so many functions and capabilities to it. Curious to know as to how people are using SuiteScript that benefits them the most?

Thanks in advance!
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #17767 Score: 0

rnedelkow
    • Level 1

This thread covers the basics and provides several examples that demonstrate customizations which are supported by the SuiteCloud platform.

• #17768 Score: 0

leacelosacolumna
    • Level 1

Originally posted by wattpadjulia

View Post

Hi, I’ve recently just discovered SuiteScript and can see that there are so many functions and capabilities to it. Curious to know as to how people are using SuiteScript that benefits them the most?

Thanks in advance!

What I’ve learned over the years is that “not because SuiteScript can, you should”. SuiteScript is only meant for extending the capabilities of the point and click customization. My answer to your question is that, try to gauge which functionality of NetSuite is most important to your company, then leverage the native NetSuite behavior first. If the out of the box NetSuite functionality does not support it, try using the point and click customization (SuiteBuilder) and explore NetSuite Workflows. SuiteScript does offer a lot of benefits but how those benefits matter depend on your company’s needs. However, it shouldn’t be the answer to every needs. Best practice is that you should exhaust the point and click customization first before jumping to writing a SuiteScript.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.