This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Jeff Wolf 7 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

cduffyaz4
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Has anyone customized the Balance Sheet and Trial Balance reports so that each subsidiary results are in separate columns on a single report? How? Would you provide me your solution?

We have 30 subsidiaries and need to run our Trial Balance and Balance Sheet in subsidiary currency but would like the results for all subsidiaries in one report. I have added the Subsidiary to the report in ONE column and sorted by subsidiary but cannot get each subsidiary in its own column and cannot get each subsidiary in its currency (not consolidating).
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #7089 Score: 0

Olivier Gagnon NC
    • Level 1

Yeah that’s not going to be possible with base reporting. It could be done with a Saved Search, but the formatting will be pretty ugly. I just don’t see this happening easily. Maybe if you did it via ODBC, or maybe a Suitelet specifically built for that report, something like that.

• #7090 Score: 0

stephen.gray
    • Level 1

Hi

I work for a consulting company and we help many clients with NetSuite reporting especially via the suiteanalytics ODBC connection which is an excellent tool.

There may be something we can do to help you with this query.

Send me a note on stephen.gray@businessadvisorysolutions.co.uk if you want to explore further

thanks

Stephen

• #7091 Score: 0

trimblee
    • Level 1

We looked at doing exactly what you’re describing. Our idea was to script a report using saved searches as inputs. Would take about 40-120 hours of mostly scripting work, depending on the person doing it (low-end is for someone who knows suitescript, financial reporting, and your instance).

I wouldn’t recommend the ODBC route, unless it’s your only option. Performance isn’t great and there can be administration challenges, especially around permissions.

stephen.gray Can you lay off the spamming?

• #7092 Score: 0

stephen.gray
    • Level 1

I’m sorry you see it as spamming. I’m certainly not a spammer. I’d define spamming as more indiscriminate advertising. I’m trying to help people with specific reporting issues solve them in a specific way. ODBC is an excellent tool and I’ve had many people contact me from this forum who are very pleased to find someone who can help.

Regards

Stephen

• #7093 Score: 0

Jeff Wolf
    • Level 1

Bump. Can I get a Consolidating Trial Balance? I know we can get a Consolidating Balance Sheet and Income Statement but not a Trial. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.