This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by EdBrala 6 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Jeff Stafford
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

I'm not able to import a BAI2 file. When I choose the file using the interface on the Online Banking Data Upload page the Account and Character Encoding dropdown menus remain grayed out (disabled). If I attempt to proceed by clicking on the Submit button the resulting page displays an error message " The file upload failed. Please try again. If you have repeatedly received this error message, please send mail to NetSuite Technical Support."

The file was generated by Wells Fargo and I've confirmed it's UTF-8 encoded. The file name has only 10 characters and a txt extension.

Any help or guidance is much appreciated.
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #24112 Score: 0

EdBrala
    • Level 1

I am having the same issues, have you received any resolution yet?

Ed B

• #24113 Score: 0

Jeff Stafford
    • Level 1

Ed, unfortunately no. Our Wells Fargo contact stated that their customers who've attempted to import BAI2 files into NetSuite have had mixed results (some successful, some not). Importing BAI2 files is a relatively new feature and I'm hoping it's improved in upcoming releases.

If you need to import the data now I would suggest converting the file to one of the other file formats

• #24114 Score: 0

EdBrala
    • Level 1

Ok I think I go the fix for this. First I downloaded a free program called Notepad++. This makes sure your file is converted to the UTF-8 format. Next is to add the Bank # & account # to the GL under the bank mapping. When you go to import the files the GL account # will be grayed out. But the data will get posted based on the Bank Account # matched to the GL.

But be aware that WF lets you download multiple bank account info to a single file. You need to download each account individually.

Hope this helps

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.