This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by j.j 7 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Voltron
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

I have a case with NS Support, and they insist the behavior is correct. My most recent response to them is this: To be clear then, you believe that adding a column to include a Grouping of the transaction numbers actually pulls in additional transactions? The “Group” notion is purely a roll up of search results. Remember, we’re referring to the Totals of the results (the ones that add up the amounts across all the line items and displays at the bottom of the page).

We built a saved vendor search with the following setup:

Criteria:

– Inactive is false

– Transaction : Type is not Purchase Order

Summary Criteria:

– Maximum Transaction : Date is after 12/31/2015

– Maximum Transaction : Date is before 1/1/2017

Results:

– Internal ID (Group)

– Name (Group)

– Transaction : Type (Group)

– Transaction : Date (Maximum)

– Inactive (Group)

– Date Created (Group)

– Transaction : Amount (Credit) (Sum)

– Transaction: Amount (Debit) (Sum)

– Transaction : Transaction Number (Group)

When we run the search, we get totals for the results of:

Transaction : Amount (Credit) – 268,947,969

Transaction : Amount (Debit) – 176,447,732

If I remove the last column (or simply the grouping), Transaction Number, the totals change pretty significantly:

Transaction : Amount (Credit) – 267,247,454

Transaction : Amount (Debit) – 189,906,947

Why is this happening?
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #4959 Score: 0

david.smith
    • Level 1

Most likely you’re getting both the body and the lines. Also, you don’t need the inactive in your results if you’re criteria has it set to false.

• #4960 Score: 0

Voltron
    • Level 1

Thanks, David. I’m sure I am getting header and lines. The lines share the transaction number, so that shouldn’t make a difference. It’s a rollup. The totals per line would, of course, change with a grouping that results in more lines, but, I’ll reiterate, my contention is that regardless how the rollup occurs, the complete totals should not be impacted.

I thought I had a good hold on summaries and summary criteria, but this is making me doubt

• #4961 Score: 0

david.smith
    • Level 1

Try changing from “transaction number” to “Number” (tranid) and see what happens.

• #4962 Score: 0

j.j
    • Level 1

also the summary criteria is in 2 lines, you can rather put it in a single filter as – Maximum Transaction : Date is within 12/31/2015 and 1/1/2017

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.