This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Kyle Glynn 6 years ago.

• Author

Kyle Glynn
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

I created a workflow that populates a revenue recognition start/end date line based upon the transaction date. I tested the formula via saved search it works properly, but when I run it through the work flow I get an error message saying that the date is not in the proper format. The line field is MM/DD/YYYY and it seems to be converting it to a YYYY/MM/DD format. How do I add to my formula to ensure that the date format stays as MM/DD/YYYY? Below is the formula I am using.

CASE WHEN (TO_CHAR({trandate}, 'DD')) < '15' THEN TO_DATE(concat(CONCAT(TO_CHAR({trandate}, 'MM'), '15'), TO_CHAR({trandate}, 'YYYY'))) ELSE LAST_DAY{trandate} END
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #22522 Score: 0

rnedelkow
    • Level 1

I'm not too familiar with workflows, but the date format change may be caused by the date format configured under Home > Set Preferences > General.

• #22523 Score: 0

Kyle Glynn
    • Level 1

Robert- I checked those preferences and those are set correctly. I also checked the custom field I created for the Rev Rec line and that simply lists Date but doesn't have a formatting option.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.