This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Satya Prakash 4 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

k_dunc
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Hi all,

I’m wondering if it’s possible to add a button within a Transaction sublist via a Custom Transaction Column Field?

I need the ability to have something like an Inline HTML or Hyperlink Custom Column Field within the Expense sublist of an Expense Report that I can dynamically manipulate via code that will allow the user to click on in order to perform a given operation. Is this possible? I’ve already written the code for what I need as a Custom Transaction Body Field, but I really need it at a line level, not at a Transaction body level.

Thanks heaps,

Kirk.
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #5838 Score: 0

michoel
    • Level 1

We do this via a custom Check Box field, and handling the field changed event.

• #5839 Score: 0

k_dunc
    • Level 1

Thanks michoel. Appreciate it. So basically, the user ticks the box, then you use a field change event script to ‘do something’? I can see how that might work.

There’s no way to have a button or clickable dynamic URL / link within a sublist is there?

• #5840 Score: 0

michoel
    • Level 1

Originally posted by k_dunc

View Post

So basically, the user ticks the box, then you use a field change event script to ‘do something’? I can see how that might work.

There’s no way to have a button or clickable dynamic URL / link within a sublist is there?

Yep that how we use it. We have a “Lookup History” customization that shows a popup with the previous prices we charged the customer that item.

Short of messing with the DOM, I don’t think there is a way to have a button or link in edit mode on a sublist.

• #5841 Score: 0

Karl_Europart
    • Level 1

The “Lookup History” customization sounds great. Is this code available?

• #5842 Score: 0

k_dunc
    • Level 1

Appreciate that michoel. Yes, I’d agree with Karl. Any chance of sharing a snippet of the code at all?

Thanks again.

• #5843 Score: 0

david.smith
    • Level 1

Hey k_dunc

Is there a reason you can’t just use the hyperlink field type on the custom column?

michoel replied on 04/05/2017, 05:18 PM: It doesn’t display in Edit mode.

• #5844 Score: 0

michoel
    • Level 1

Originally posted by Karl_Europart

View Post

The “Lookup History” customization sounds great. Is this code available?

Enjoy 🙂

https://gist.github.com/michoelchaik…f6a7e8e1f34534

It’s one of my first Netsuite customizations, so it may not necessarily represent best practises

• #26111 Score: 0

Satya Prakash
    • Contributions: 1
    • Level 1
    @satya_prakash

Hey Michoel,
    Please share the link again.

Thanks

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.