This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by stefan.holodnick 7 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

stefan.holodnick
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

I am currently working on some custom code for attaching a pdf to a record. We have the Box integration and are storing the .pdfs in Box folders based on the respective records that they are attached to. Is there any way we can programmatically create these folders either through Netsuite or the Box API? We can create folders in Box, but I’m uncertain how we would tie them to a record. So far I have not been able to locate anything in the documentation for either platform that addresses this. Any help is appreciated.
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #1834 Score: 0

david.smith
    • Level 1

Yes. I’ve done this in the past. However, the problem you’re going to have is the life span of the box token for their API. My solution was a combination of a suitelet and a scheduled script. The suitelet allowed the user to enter the box login info and get the first token. The scheduled script kept the token alive by getting a new one before the old one expired.

Creating the files/folders in box was pretty easy with their API.

• #1835 Score: 0

stefan.holodnick
    • Level 1

That sounds like an interesting solution. We do have a storage and expiration mechanism for access tokens that we created for a different service we could probably use. How exactly is the folder linked to your particular record? Is it by name?

david.smith replied on 09/07/2016, 04:15 PM: I don’t recall exactly the folder structure. But I do remember it was very configurable. I think the folder used is tagged somehow. Sorry, this was years ago.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.