This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by shayanzia 7 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

DM808
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Anyone have any suggestions, or a work-a-round, for creating the Electronic media file associated with filing of 1099 information to the IRS?

We are required to file the returns electronically (over 250) and I know Netsuite is still lacking support for the file. Is this an issue for anyone else? How are you handling?
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #7191 Score: 0

aniketthoolkar
    • Level 1

Hi,

We will be filing 1009s electronically this year. Since this is our first time filing from Netsuite, it will be helpful if you can share your experience with this process.

Thank you,

Aniket

• #7192 Score: 0

pmjeffrey
    • Level 1

+1 to this thread. Is anyone out there using Track1099.com? Or perhaps another solution? Any issues or challenges getting the appropriate search results out of NetSuite for this?

• #7193 Score: 0

katace
    • Level 1

I am also interested in this topic. I’d like to make filing 1099’s easier this year and an electronic method is preferred.

• #7194 Score: 0

shayanzia
    • Level 1

Electronic filing of 1099s is not supported by NetSuite, unless you have the Premier Payroll module (=$$$) on your instance. I have zero experience using that module, so have no idea if you can file 1099s for vendor contractors from therein as well, as opposed to 1099 employees.

We carried out our 1099 activity last year by generating 1099 reports from NetSuite, and then manually punching data from those reports for all vendors into a software called ‘W2 Mate’ for electronic filing.

Among so many other disappointments, this is yet another frustration with NetSuite; even QuickBooks offers electronic filing capability.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.