This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by kentroylance 7 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

kentroylance
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Currently, I have code where I search a contact for a customer that works great! Works as expected:

var filters = [[‘contact.internalid’, ‘is’, input.id], ‘and’, [sortField, ‘onOrAfter’, today], ‘and’, [‘entitystatus’, ‘anyof’, leadStatusCodes]];

When I try to use the same code to search a contact for an opportunity, it returns nothing. I verified that this search works in the search tool. In the search tool the filter shows: Contact : Internal ID. Unless I am mistaken, I thought contact.internalid was the same thing as Contact : Internal ID. Is there a way to get the actual field or source from the search tool. https://system.na2.netsuite.com/app/…prtnty&whence=

var filters = [[‘contact.internalid’, ‘is’, input.id], ‘and’, [sortField, ‘onOrAfter’, today], ‘and’, [‘entitystatus’, ‘anyof’, opportunityStatusCodes]];

I am using this filter with nlapiCreateSearch.

var search = nlapiCreateSearch(‘opportunity’, filters, columns);

var resultSet = search.runSearch();

I would appreciate any help on this.

Kent
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #5568 Score: 0

david.smith
    • Level 1

Code:
    var contactSearch = nlapiSearchRecord(“contact”,null,
    [
    [“opportunity.status”,”anyof”,”C”], // Closed Won
    “AND”,
    [“opportunity.entitystatus”,”anyof”,”13″,”8″,”11″], // op status any of Closed Won, In Discussion, In Negotiation
    “AND”,
    [“internalid”,”anyof”,”1011″] // contact internalid
    ],
    [
    new nlobjSearchColumn(“tranid”,”opportunity”,null),
    new nlobjSearchColumn(“entity”,”opportunity”,null),
    new nlobjSearchColumn(“entityid”,null,null).setSort(false),
    new nlobjSearchColumn(“email”,null,null),
    new nlobjSearchColumn(“phone”,null,null),
    new nlobjSearchColumn(“company”,null,null)
    ]
    );

nic kcd replied on 02/15/2017, 08:15 PM: I second that! The NetSuite Search Export is an amazing tool. I also like the NetSuite Show Field Ids extension! Thanks david.smith

• #5569 Score: 0

kentroylance
    • Level 1

first of all, thanks for the feedback, but I still can’t get it to work. I also really need this to work with nlapiCreateSearch, since I need to be able to limit the rows by page. I also tried to use the plugin and I am getting Export as script not supported.

“This search type is not supported by SuiteScript.” I am using Chrome Version 55.0.2883.87 m (64-bit)

Please refer to this page in SuiteAnswers for more information.

SuiteScript Supported Records

david.smith replied on 02/02/2017, 11:54 AM: You have to save the search before the plugin will work. It’s based on a “saved search” and uses the nlapiLoadSearch to generate the code. What record are you trying to search on?

The filters and columns are the same for both commands.

• #5570 Score: 0

kentroylance
    • Level 1

Thanks, that was the ticket. By the way, that plugin is very handy, and so thanks for sharing it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.