This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by david.smith 7 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

dmashburn3
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Hi All,

I have a situation in which I need to send a csv with a single result to an external system on a certain trigger.

I've set up a custom record with a workflow to add a button that when pressed checks a box on the record. I then set up a search to send an email when this field is changed to include it in the search, and send the result off to the external system.

However, I've learned that upon the "Record is created or updated" trigger for the email alerts doesn't send a file, but only the single result in the email.

Is there any way around this to have it shoot off the email from the saved search with the single file in the results?

I tried doing it through the workflow, but it appears you are limited to only files stored in the cabinet or on the record.

I've also found out that the external source can handle if I send it the CSV file with the record that just had the button pushed as well as an extra "dummy" record, however running on the trigger "created or updated" still sends the single file results even if both the dummy and the new record both meet the search criteria.

Would it be possible to script the creation of the excel file like using BFO to generate a PDF?

Thanks
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #22935 Score: 0

david.smith
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Yes, you could script this. Does you search have filters on it? It sounds like it's filtering the search by the record that was updated.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.