This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by j.j 7 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

MarkZSSI
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

I'm trying to set a checkbox and everything in the scheduled script works fine when testing it by writing to the screen.

In testing the code – This works:

Code:
    response.write("n" + "check that box" + "n");
    When I tried to push as a live schedule in our sandbox – This does NOT work:

Code:
    nlapiSetFieldValue('custbody_a1wms_dnloadtowms', 'T');
    Any ideas on how to get the checkbox to check when the write to screen works fine using the same testing to write that statement.
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #21591 Score: 0

MarkZSSI
    • Level 1

Nevermind. I figured it out. Scheduled scripts make you go through the whole load record and submit record stuff. ie:

Code:
    var order = nlapiLoadRecord('salesorder', it);
    order.setFieldValue('custbody_a1wms_dnloadtowms', 'T');
    nlapiSubmitRecord(order, true);

• #21592 Score: 0

erictgrubaugh
    • Level 1

nlapiSetFieldValue would not be applicable in a Scheduled Scripts as there is no record in the global context. That would only work in a User Event, Client Script, or Workflow Action that is associated to a specific record type. In a Scheduled Script, you will need to be loading or creating a record, then use record.setFieldValue`

MarkZSSI replied on 06/08/2017, 03:32 PM: Yes, I figured it out. See above. And thanks for responding!

• #21593 Score: 0

j.j
    • Level 1

i would suggest using nlapisubmitfield – this would save you from loading and submitting the entire record.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.