This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Olivier Gagnon NC 7 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

blitzsport
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

I have asked NetSuite this question but they gave a very vague answer without an example as i dont think they know how. Is it possible to use an Oracle FOR or WHILE loop inside a formula. I know it possible to use conditional statements like CASE but everything else is hazy.

What im looking to do is pull information from a custom multiselct field, in this case it includes a list of colours. I need to iterate through each colour and output a value on an item record based on the results.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Chris
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #5722 Score: 0

Olivier Gagnon NC
    • Level 1

So your custom field would contain many values? What type of custom field is it?

• #5723 Score: 0

blitzsport
    • Level 1

Hi Oliver, its a custom item field with type Multiple Select. It pulls data from a Custom List. In this example, the list contains colours, then on the Multiple Select field it may have say 5 colours selected, Blue, Black, Green, Red, White. This would output as comma delimited. I want to be able to use a formula to iterate through each comma value like in JS. for (i = 0; i < colours.length; i++) { var this = colours[i]; } By doing this, i can use the tag on our website, basically getting server side output instead of client side.

Thanks

Chris

• #5724 Score: 0

Olivier Gagnon NC
    • Level 1

Ah. Can’t be done, as far as I know. You would need scripting or maybe a workflow.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.