This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by GusGus 6 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

GusGus
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

I am working with a business that needs to enter the rate for each item every time they enter it into a Requisition because the rate changes so often. They have been using the Estimated Amount field to put the rate that they want for each item. However, once it gets to the Order Requisitions page, the Order Rate has the Item Rate from the record in it and the Estimated Amount does not follow through to the Purchase Order. So the person who creates the Requisition has to manually key in each item rate and then the person that makes the PO has to do it all over again for it to follow through to the Purchase Order.

I was thinking I could create a client script that would set the Order Rate to the Estimated Amount for each item. However, I cannot figure out how to have a script triggered by that page. I have also tried setting the Rate to the Estimated Amount when each item is added to the Requisition. That works for the Requisition but again, on the Order Requisitions screen, the Order Rate is back to the rate on the item record.

Does anybody know how I could access the Order Requisitions screen with a script or have some other solution for this problem?
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #21335 Score: 0

GusGus
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

I solved this by writing a script to put estimated rate into the rate field, then in my Requisition approval workflow, once it's approved I just automatically transform the Requisition into a Purchase Order since we never put more than one Requisition on a Purchase Order. That way I just skip over the Order Requisitions screen and the Item Rate stays the same and doesn't get reset to the rate from the Item record.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.