This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by northern_brewer 8 years ago.

• Author

northern_brewer
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

I want to put a button on a Work Order that prints the right number of product labels inside my warehouse.

For label printing, I would like to use a Windows program called Bartender. Bartender provides a number of integration methods, but I’ve been focused on their web services API. You can send an XML document via HTTP POST to the server running Bartender (internal IP on our private network), and I can basically print whatever I want to any configured printer in the warehouse.

Any recommendations on how to do this in a safe and secure way? If Netsuite supported CORS, I could write a client script that would do an Ajax POST right to the Bartender server. But it doesn’t.

I could put the Bartender server (or a proxy) on my DMZ and host it publicly. Then I could fire the request right from Netsuite. Is that really the best way to do this? I’d prefer not to open up a port on my DMZ.

Can anybody think of a way to implement this without opening a DMZ port?
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #6185 Score: 0

david.smith
    • Level 1

If you’re computer is on a LAN that has your Bartender server, you shouldn’t have to worry about security (much). You could do a client script that gets the information you need, format it into the XML (manually) and send it over the LAN to your internal IP of the server.

• #6186 Score: 0

northern_brewer
    • Level 1

We’ve found a way to implement a GET-based API in Bartender, and the browser allows Ajax GETs to cross-site URLs.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.