This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by cgieselman 7 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

cgieselman
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

NetSuite’s built in credit controls weren’t doing what we needed so I scripted a custom set of controls. These are working fine.

The problem is when the NS credit controls are set to “Ignore” (to avoid unwanted popups from NS) the field “Credit Hold” (internal id ‘creditholdoverride’) is set to hidden by NS. I would still like to be able to access the value in this field in the custom script that was created and can’t find a way to do so. If it could be left displayed that would be ideal.

Alternately I don’t mind making a custom entity field to replace it however I would like to then have a script that will ensure the two fields are always the same value (use the custom field to set the stock field) but I run into the same problem, if on editing a customer the original NS field is hidden then the value can’t be retrieved or changed through script.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #6163 Score: 0

JCirocco
    • Level 1

I know this might sound “crazy” but if you have your own controls, why not turn credit checking back on and give a credit limit very out of range and with terms like net365, then turn back on NetSuite controls to make the field available? I have seen worse…

• #6164 Score: 0

cgieselman
    • Level 1

Well the “crazy” comment made me smile…:-)

Unfortunately the custom controls still use both of the stock fields “Credit Limit” and “Terms” so I can’t make use of that suggestion. Even if I were to make a custom field for the credit limit the terms field is sourced onto sales orders and invoices and customizing all that those entail is not a rabbit hole I’m willing to venture down, I don’t think I’d ever get back out again.

Thanks

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.