This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by chanarbon 7 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

jhaubner@bhsolutions.com
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

When looking through the NetSuite Help center, I found the NetSuite DataLoader. (Located in the Help Center at SuiteCloud>SuiteTalk>SuiteTalk Platform>Platform Features>Using Web Service to Send Data from a CSV File.) I followed the set-up as described, but still am unable to use the DataLoader in Command Prompt. Has anyone used the is tool before? Does it require SuiteCloud plus? Any tips or tricks to using? I can’t find much information on this tool.
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #6617 Score: 0

chanarbon
    • Level 1

Hi Jacob,

It does not require SuiteCloud Plus. Note that the default thread count for the data loader is 1 thread.

I was able to create a customer record based from the example which is NSLoader -m c Customer docmy_examplessample_customer.csv

One thing to test is that are you able to have a successful test connect? Also, do you have a well-formed CSV? Have you included the required fields for the record that you are trying to use? Also, if you have encountered an error, what is the error that you got?

Basically, data loaded is a Java example which parses the CSV input file via opencsv and performs list operation like addList, updateList and etc which you can use to refer for a Java-based application that you worked with. It is very similar to the SuiteTalk Sample Application written in Java in SuiteTalk Developer resources (http://www.netsuite.com/portal/devel…ications.shtml) but it focuses on List operations which emulates the CSV import in UI.

• #6618 Score: 0

jhaubner@bhsolutions.com
    • Level 1

Thanks for the response. I am fairly new to NetSuite SuiteCloud platform. The error I am getting is “Invalid Login Credentials”. I know that my username/password/account/role ID combination is correct, so I was not sure if the WSDL version, Host URL or another config needed to be altered. I thought the error could possibly come from not setting up Axis correctly. I didn’t know if it required additional Setup of some sort that wasn’t in the original instructions.

• #6619 Score: 0

chanarbon
    • Level 1

For this one, have you first tried performing a test connect? using the -t parameter? Also, what I suggest is for you to get the same datacenter URL as your account. Let’s say you logged in to NetSuite and you got directed to system.na1.netsuite.com, make sure that your host.url is set to https://webservices.na1.netsuite.com. Also you should first try performing a login operation just to test your credential

Lastly, regarding the Axis depdendencies, the data loader tool has some Apache Axis that comes in handy with the app for gradle to build the project

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.