This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by athompson@govirtualoffice.com 12 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

rayzhu
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Hello to All:

Is there a simple way to run a report by department listed by row? I Know I can go to income statement and then choose department but what this does is that it gives you department by column across your screen and gets too convoluted. Quite simply, just when you run an expense report and it gives you the ledger account number and dollar amount for the period, rather than looking at the general ledger account, I want to be able to simply look at the total expenses by department listed horizontaly like a normal financial statement should.

Any help is highly appreciated.
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #7419 Score: 0

Nick Horowitz
    • Level 1

If you fiddle with the custom financial statement writer you can get it by Department. I have done it.

• #7420 Score: 0

mhuffman
    • Level 1

You will need to customize, edit layout and set each of the Financial Sections to Group By Department instead of by Account. (Alternately, you can sub-group by account or group by account, then sub-group by department.)

• #7421 Score: 0

athompson@govirtualoffice.com
    • Level 1

RE: Income Statement/Balance Sheet by Department

Your post just saved me a lot of time at a time when I really wanted some sleep instead of an hour of analysis. Thank you so much for adding value.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.